Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Preppy DIY's!

Hey y'all! So today I'll be doing a mashup post of a ton of preppy crafts and DIYs you can do that are also wallet friendly!

1. Binder Covers! 
Everyone knows that monograms and prints are really in style right now so why not incorporate all the things you love into your school work?
Here are a few tutorials and templates I found, let me know your favorites! 
These are the exact ones featured in my last post!

This post is actually a super easy tutorial!

2. Lilly Pulitzer inspired coasters!
These are super cute and so easy to make! You can use a printed out copy of a print or old agenda pages to create the prints! The glitter is obviously optional, this one is super simple, just mod podge your print onto a small wooden board and you have Lilly coasters!

3. Monogrammed Phone Charger
This one is also a simple tutorial and a sure fire way to make sure no one steals your charger ever again!
I still need to make one for myself!

4. Emi Jay hair ties!
 I love these for just throwing your hair up during the day or a cute accessory on your wrist!
I just ordered a ton of elastics from this website and I can't wait for them to come in so I can make these! It's way cheaper than buying them made already, which is such a rip off! At the price of regular elastics here you can make 3 hair bands for $0.35!

5. Lilly Pulitzer Inspired calculator!
If you want to make your school work more enjoyable and adorable, you can Lilly-fy anything!
I've seen a ton of versions of this craft and you can just paint your favorite print on your calculator case with acrylic paints! You could also mod podge old agenda pages or simply prints that you've printed out if you aren't into painting!

6. Glitter mason jars!
These could be really cute for pens/pencils in a dorm or just for decoration! 
Paint your desired color, let dry, and put glitter on with mod podge. Seal in the glitter with another coat of mod podge when you're done! Make sure you use painters tape for when you put on the glitter for a straight edge!

These are all the DIYs I'm posting about today but the possiblities are endless! Pinterest is a great place to go look when you're searching for crafty ideas!

Thanks for reading! Follow/Subscribe to get updated when I post!

xoxo,










4 comments:

  1. I love all these preppy DIYs projects! especially the phone charger one!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks so much for sharing all of these!
    I absolutely love the glitter mason jars and the
    binder covers they are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thanks so much for sharing! Anyway, I found another wonderful Art & Craft store collection which is build a cross.

    ReplyDelete