Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back to School Necessities!

Today I'll be making a Back to School post of all the things you're going to need and suggestions on where to get them!

1. A backpack/bag: This is a really important thing to have, and it's crucial you get one that works for you! You'll need one with plenty of space for your books and is comfortable to carry around all day. Here are some great ones that I recommend:

$145
I think they're so stylish and they hold a lot! The material is easy to clean if it gets dirty because it's nylon. The only downside is that it could hurt your shoulder if your bag is heavy! And I'm personally a fan of the navy colored one because it's so cute and matches everything!

$70
I think this one is really nice and practical, it could also be really cute monogrammed! It has quite a bit of room and is great quality, it's made for hiking and the outdoors so it withstands a lot and is very durable! It should last a couple of years of school. My favorite is the classic black color but they have other cute colors as well!

$35


Jansport backpacks are really good because they're known to last a really long time and they're not very expensive! They come in many bright colors as well! 

There's lots of other backpacks out there but, moving right along to the next thing you'll need...

2. A planner/something to keep you organized!: Being organized is the key to success in school so you have to stay on top of it! Some agendas I recommend are:

$28

I have this agenda and I LOVE it! It's so gorgeous and makes me excited to get organized! I think it's very worth the price and seems quite well made. I've seen complaints about people getting their agendas all ripped up or shipped with stains on them but, I had no problems! I highly recommend them!

$18
This agenda is also cute and very functional! There's even a large chunk of adorable stickers included to use. This one is cheaper than Lilly and still adorable! Great for students!

There are also many other agendas out there but, moving on to my next topic...
3. Basic School Supplies! (Of Course!): It's really important to get all the things you'll need to get your work done in a timely manner!

Here is a general list of some things you'll need:
-Pencils: I like mechanical ones but I also keep some regular ones for when people ask to borrow them because they hardly ever give them back. 
These are my favorites!

I love the basics just to have on hand as well!

-Pens: I recommend getting some nice ones you really like because you'll be using them a lot!
These are my personal favorite! Paper Mate Profile Retractable Ballpoint Pens!

-Highlighters: I love them for EVERYTHING! I use mine all the time and I have them in every color! 
I like the Sharpie ones! I also prefer the thick ones so you can fully highlight words without going over it twice.

-Paper: You'll need paper pretty much everyday and you don't want to be the friend that always asks to borrow stuff and comes unprepared! I don't have a preferred brand, I just like the college ruled the best! 

-Calculator: You'll really need the right calculator for your course in order to do your homework and do your classwork!
I love this pink graphing calculator! This is the kind I need, I'm not sure what kind y'all will need for your courses.

-Binders/Dividers: Important to keep organized for every class! You can even make adorable binder covers to keep your classes separate!
I love these monogrammed ones with Lilly Pulitzer prints for backgrounds! You can also write your course name to keep them separate!

That's it for the essentials but there might be some specifics you'll need for a certain course! I honestly recommend getting the most expensive school supplies rather than the cheap ones because they'll last longer! Obviously use your best judgement and get whatever you want/can afford but I just recommend the higher quality stuff!


Thanks for reading! I hope y'all can use some of my tips! Check back soon for a back to school clothing post! Follow/Subscribe to get updates when I post!

xoxo,



No comments:

Post a Comment